Tuesday, April 5, 2011

28 weeks, 5 days and counting...

28 weeks in my Mountain Midwifery T-shirt
It's official, 3rd trimester!  I am so anxious for Sierra's arrival.  I was not ready at all at this point with Peyton, now all I want to do is hold her in my arms.  Of course, I was not this uncomfortable with Peyton either.  I gained 9 pounds since my last prenatal visit!  9 pounds!  That's way more than I've ever gained between appointments, and I don't care that I went almost 6 weeks this time instead of 4, that's ridiculous.  I know how it happened.  I'm exhausted and eating poorly.  I'm craving sweets like they're going out of style, and eating on the run way more often than I should.  I'm also not drinking nearly enough water, so I'm retaining fluids (my feet are slightly swollen by the end of the day and I just feel bloated).  My goal for this next month is to drink at least 3 liters of water a day and start eating healthier and start back up with yoga.  I had blood work taken and did my glucose test at my last appointment, so hopefully all went well.  Her heart rate was good and I'm measuring 2 cm small, just like I did with Peyton throughout my pregnancy.  I'm also getting hot.  It's only April and we haven't had that many above 70 degree days, but I feel like I'm cooking when it is that warm.  Oh, and I can't sleep.  Weird dreams and limbs falling asleep wake me up constantly (and a snoring hubby keeps me there).

Sierra is a mover and shaker, literally.  I don't know what she's doing in there, but there may be gymnastics in her future.  She's started with hiccups too.  And she plays the piano on my bladder constantly.  Every time I stand up I have to go to the bathroom and sometimes she hits it just right so that I instantaneously have to pee.  There are times when I feel like I can't breathe, my back hurts, the places she pushes on my stomach feel bruised and are incredibly painful to the touch, the pressure I feel in my lower abdomen makes her feel like she weighs 50 pounds, and my legs are just wrecked by the end of a work day.  I worked up until 39 weeks with Peyton.  That seems like an impossible dream right now.

As ready as I am to not be pregnant and as ready as I am with baby stuff (got some all in one cloth diapers given to me, which was the last thing on the list of things to buy before she's born), I don't think I'm prepared.  I spent a whole lot more time preparing with Peyton and Zack and I spent a lot more time discussing how baby was going to change our lives and how we were feeling.  I feel like life is just going on as usual, and one day, poof!, there will be another baby.  Hopefully starting yoga back up will help with that and maybe Zack and I can find a day of the week that we can spend some time in the evening "bonding over baby."  Without taking a prenatal class, we'll have to be disciplined ourselves.  It was a lot easier when we had somewhere to go to not blow it off.  We are taking a refresher course, but it's only one night, not a series of 2 months.

So, 3 more months until we hopefully meet our happy, healthy baby girl.  The wait is hard and long and hopefully I'll find the energy to take better care of us in that time and be a good mom and wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment