Saturday, June 25, 2011

This is it! Finally.

It seems like the day is finally here!  This morning, around 8:15 I noticed my water breaking in much the same manner as it did with Peyton, just a slow leak that I wasn't sure was actually my water breaking.  To confirm, I laid down for 30 minutes and then stood up.  When I felt the surge again, I called the midwife on call (Laura) to tell her what was happening.  I had a feeling last night that today would be the day.  I had a lot of low pelvic pressure and Sierra was extremely active (even more so than normal).  When I talked to Laura she said to call back in a couple of hours to tell her if anything had changed.  I did and nothing had, so we decided on a plan that will go as follows...check my temp every four hours to make sure I'm not showing any sign of infection, call if contractions start, if by tomorrow morning nothing is going on I will go in to have the fluid tested and an ultrasound done to be sure all is still good with Sierra and some sort of herbs will be started to try to start contractions.  I explained to her that with Peyton my water broke at 7 am and I didn't have contractions for more than 8 hours afterwards, so I expect to have a baby today, just not in the next couple of hours.  Since I spoke with her last my "water breaking" has significantly increased, but still no contractions at 1:45 pm.  Right now we're just going about our normal day at home, making sure everything is ready to get in the car as soon as the time is right.  We went for a walk around the block and sat outside while Peyton and his neighbor friend Max played in the kiddie pool.  Now I'm just chillin', trying to make sure I don't expend too much energy to save up for what's to come but also wanting to be up and moving to try and get things going.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment