Saturday, June 25, 2011

Update on midwife check

At 7:30 we went to the midwife to "humor her" as she put it, to make sure my water broke.  It has...duh.  We listened to baby Sierra's heart beat which was still strong and steady, checked my blood pressure which was 110/80, my temp is normal and I'm still only dilated and effaced exactly the same as I have been for 3 weeks.  So, since I was there, we had my membranes stripped again, which already seems to be increasing my Braxton Hicks contractions at least.  The plan is tomorrow, if we don't have a baby by then, to go in at 11 am for a stress test on the baby to make sure it's OK to stay pregnant another day.  If I'm not in active labor, we'll start some herbs and make a plan.  I think Sierra is just too comfortable in there.  We drove over every bump on the way home to try and make her less comfortable.  So anyway, we'll update again should things change.  Oh, and we picked our room for the birth, the tent room.  I wanted the log room, where Peyton was born, but they had another mom in there earlier tonight and it may not be cleaned in time.

1 comment: